An easy beginner guitar tutorial to help you learn the song Skinny Love by Birdy (original by Bon Iver) on guitar fast with easy chord options, no complicated theory and without a capo (if you don’t have one or don’t want to use one). Learn how to play and sing this song in 2 easy steps.
STEP 1: WATCH THE GUITAR TUTORIAL
STEP 2: REFER TO TUTORIAL NOTES
If you have trouble with chord changes, replace the D, Em and C chords with Dsus4, Em7 and Cadd9 respectively. Also, you can try replacing Bm with D throughout the song if Bm is proving to be a challenge to use. It’s not ideal, but it will help you get through the song.
Using these chords make chord changes much easier for beginners and in some cases even makes the song sound better than if you just used the normal chords.
The original key of the song is E so capo the 9th fret and use the chords below if you want to play in the same key as the original song.
CHORDS USED (5): G C D Em Bm
Easier Chord Options (4): G Cadd9 Dsus4 Em7
- Tutorial Song Key: G
- Original Song Key: E (Capo 9th fret)
- down down DOWN down | down down DOWN down
- down down DOWN (down up) | down down DOWN (down up)
Help Me Dude – I’m a COMPLETE beginner and still need help
- Check out the Free Beginner Guitar Course and Lessons on the site to see if they help
- Send me an email through the contact form here and I’ll do my best to help answer your question (silly questions allowed).