An easy beginner guitar tutorial to help you learn the song Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran on guitar fast with easy chord options, no complicated theory and without a capo (if you don’t have one or don’t want to use one). Learn how to play and sing this song in 2 easy steps.
STEP 1: WATCH THE GUITAR TUTORIAL
STEP 2: REFER TO TUTORIAL NOTES
Note: Chords on Ultimate Guitar may be different from the tutorial above due to being in a different key or because the author has simply used different chords from my version. Use the transposing tool available on their site to transpose chords to the key you wish to play in.
If you have trouble with chord changes, replace the D, Am, Em and C chords with Dsus4, A7sus4, Em7 and Cadd9 respectively.
Using these chords make chord changes much easier for beginners and in some cases even makes the song sound better than if you just used the normal chords.
The original key of the song is C# so capo the 6th fret and use the chords below if you want to play in the same key as the original song.
CHORDS USED (5): G C D Am Em
Easier Chord Options (5): G Cadd9 Dsus4 A7sus4 Em7
- Tutorial Song Key: G
- Original Song Key: C# (Capo 6th fret)
Down Strokes Only: (Recommended for beginners)
- DOWN down down | DOWN down down
Up and Down Strokes:
- DOWN (down up) (down up) | DOWN (down up) (down up)
Help Me Dude – I’m a COMPLETE beginner and still need help
- Check out the Free Beginner Guitar Course and Lessons on the site to see if they help
- Send me an email through the contact form here and I’ll do my best to help answer your question (silly questions allowed).