An easy beginner guitar tutorial to help you learn the song I’m Yours by Jason Mraz on guitar fast with easy chords options, no complicated theory and without a capo (if you don’t have one or don’t want to use one). Learn how to play and sing this song in 2 easy steps.
STEP 1: WATCH THE GUITAR TUTORIAL
Old Version 1: Created 2010
Updated Tutorial: Created 2012
This update tutorial was created to explain and demonstrate the strumming pattern in greater detail and also covers the second verse in the song as well.
STEP 2: REFER TO TUTORIAL NOTES
- G D Em C
- G D Em C (–Well you… I’m trying to get back, before the)
- G D Em C (–cool done…win some or learn some, but)
- G D Em C (–I won’t hesitate…I’m yourss)
- G D Em C (–Well open up… love love love)
- G D Em C (–Listen to the music… loved loved loved)
- A7 (–loved —-so)
- G D Em C (–I won’t hesitate…. I’m suree, there’s no)
- G D Em C (–need to complicate… I’m yoursss)
- G D Em C
- G D Em C (–I’ve been spendin’… new face and I laughed, I)
- G D Em C (–guess what I’d be sayin… our name is our virtue)
- G D Em C (–But I won’t hesitate… I’m yours)
- G D Em C (–Well open up your mind… the sky is yours)
- G D Em C (–so please don’t… this is our fate, I’m yoursss)
- A7 (–yoursss)
Replace D, Em and C with Dsus4, Em7 and Cadd9 respectively for an easier way to play the song. They don’t require so much finger movement when performing chord changes and are good for people who don’t feel completely comfortable with chord changes yet. Refer to the chord reference chart for a demo on how to play the mentioned chords.
Also, the original key of the song is B so capo the 4th fret and use the chords below if you want to play in the same key as the original song.
CHORDS USED (5): G D Em C A7
- Tutorial Song Key: G
- Original Song Key: B (Capo 4th fret)
- down DOWN down DOWN down DOWN down DOWN
- down (DOWN up) down (DOWN up) down (DOWN up) down (DOWN up)
Help Me Dude – I’m a COMPLETE beginner and still need help
- Check out the Free Beginner Guitar Course and Lessons on the site to see if they help
- Send me an email through the contact form here and I’ll do my best to help answer your question (silly questions allowed).