FREE Beginner Guitar Course
Hi there! The purpose of this course is to give you the most Minimum Essential Basic Fundamentals that you will need in order to comfortably go through the guitar song tutorials on this website. If you've never touched a guitar before in your life and are a complete and absolute beginner then this course is perfect for you :).
Also, if you are interested in learning more than just the 8 beginner chords in this course, you can check out the Chord Tutorials here.
PART 1.0 : Common Beginner Questions FAQ
- How To Hold a Guitar
- How To Hold a Guitar Pick
- How To Tune a Guitar to Standard Tuning
- Common Beginner Problems and What to Expect When Learning Guitar Chords
- What is a Guitar Capo and How it Can Help You Play More Songs
PART 2.0 : "The Least You Need To Know" Guitar Lessons
Learning these fundamentals will help make it much much easier to go through the song tutorials on this site. There isn't much and I guarantee it will help you by leaps and bounds!
2.1 Essential Chords
These 8 chords are the ones that I use 80% of the time in my song tutorials.
- How To Press and Pluck Guitar Strings
- C Chord
- G Chord
- Am Chord
- F Chord
- D Chord
- Em Chord
- Dm Chord
- Bm Chord
2.2 Strumming Basics
Learning these basics will help you develop a good foundation for proper strumming technique.
- How To Strum Without a Guitar Pick
- How To Strum With a Guitar Pick
- Strumming Pattern 1 Exercise
- Strumming Pattern 2 Exercise
2.3 Chord Progression Exercises
These 4 chord progressions are common and form the basis of many great pop and rock songs.
Below are a few tutorials that use either one of the above progressions in all or part of the song. Give them a try and see how you go.
- Hey Soul Sister - Train
- I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
- Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
- Photograph - Ed Sheeran
2.4 Plucking Basics
Learning these basics will help you develop a good foundation for proper plucking technique, which is essential if you want to eventually learn fingerstyle.
- How To Pluck Guitar Strings Introduction
- Plucking Pattern 1 Exercise
- Plucking Pattern 2 Exercise
- Plucking Pattern 3 Exercise